Saturday, November 5, 2011

At Home Workouts - Basic Jump Rope Workout

At Home Workouts - Basic Jump Rope Workout

Jump Starter

One of my favorite at home "workouts" doesn't feel too much like a workout. It absolutely gets your heart rate up, it's a challenge to keep going, and it's FUN! (Yes, I said FUN! It's like being a kid again.) You can do it with a regular jump rope or a weighted jump rope.

Having seen what the equipment is, I'm sure you can guess that it's a jump rope workout!

I used to play basketball and my coach wanted me to increase my vertical jump and jumping rope was one way he told me to work on it. It absolutely helps because it works your leg muscles so much. (See below the workout for an extra bonus that will really help you feel the burn!)

The Basic Jump Rope Workout:
20 regular pace 20 double-time pace 20 regular pace 20 right foot only 20 left foot only repeat 3-5x
I would do this cycle 3-5 times. If you need to rest, that's fine, but try to complete at least 3 cycles at one time. Then repeat the workout at least two more times during the day so you get a good amount of cardio in for the day. Try to build up to 10 or more cycles per session.

For fun, you can throw in a set of 20 squats between each cycle. This will really get your muscles burning! That's how you know it's working, so keep at it!

Remember to have fun with this! It has helped my coordination and balance (especially the one-footed jumping) and definitely gets me breathing hard.

Try it out and see how far you can go with it!

ALWAYS check with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program.

patio umbrella tables able planet headphones proficient audio outdoor speakers

No comments:

Post a Comment